If you are having trouble with your HP Printer Drivers or if it is not working properly as it is supposed to, chances are that the software or some of its drivers may not have been properly installed or updated. You can fix this by restoring the drivers and/ or the software to the original version or the last working versions.
HP Printer Drivers For Windows OS 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista
Here we explain how to roll back HP Printer Drivers in a Windows operating system using the Device Manager. This method is generic and applies to Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista.
- Log-in to your system using the Administrator credentials – this is essential as the process requires making certain changes to the computer’s registry.
- If you are looking to roll-back a certain driver to its previous version, then you should ensure that it does have a previous version installed on the system. If the previous version is not available, you won’t be able to restore your driver.
- Open the Control Panel and look for the Device Manager. You can also open the Device Manager by a right click on the My Computer/ Computer desktop icon > select Properties > find Device manager in the left links (Windows 7). A simple search for the Device Manager in the start menu should help.
- Run the Device Manager application and you’ll find a list of all the applications installed in the computer. Locate your HP printer support in the list and double click on it.
- A pop-up window opens up. In this window, select the Driver tab and click on the Roll Back Driver button. This will restore the driver to its previously installed version.
- Once done, restart your computer to apply the changes
HP Printer Drivers For HP Computers
Here we explain how to reinstall the software or hardware drivers – which were installed on the computer at the factory originally – using the HP Recovery Manager.
- Open the HP Recovery Manager application from the start menu. You might be required to use the admin password to launch the program. If in case you are prompted by the user account control for permission to allow this program to make changes to your computer, click on yes.
- Go to the Help section and under help, select ‘Reinstall drivers and/or applications’. The recovery manager will soon generate a list of all of the software and drivers – with the drivers listed first in the sequence.
- Locate your HP printer in the list and check the box next to its driver that you want to restore or reinstall. Make sure you select the right product from the list to avoid any malfunctioning of other system components.
- Scroll further down to find the list of all the applications installed on your HP computer. Select the check box for your HP printer’s software which you want to re-install or restore.
- Once you’ve selected the relevant drivers or software applications, click on the Install button on the bottom of the window of the HP recovery manager tool.
- The computer will now restore your HP printer drivers/ software to its original/ factory settings. Once the installation is complete, a confirmation message window will pop up.
- Reboot your device to apply the changes.
Our Other Printer Support Services in USA or Call Now: +1800-303-2439
Comments are closed.