Recover a Forgotten AOL Mail Password
If you’re unable to access your AOL mail account because you’ve probably forgotten your password, follow the below mentioned steps to reset your password and start fresh.
- Log on to AOL sign-in page.
- Enter your username.
- Click on Next.
- Click on “I forgot my password.”
Once done, you’ll be asked to verify your information which you had initially entered during the email setup process. There are a couple of verification options available for you to consider. However, in most cases these depend upon the recovery information present on your account file with the AOL Help platform. Follow the simple verification steps mentioned below and reset your forgotten AOL mail password.
Various Verification Options
Verification via recovery phone number
- When prompted, enter the missing digits of your phone number and click on “Submit”. It is important to note that the digits you enter must match your recovery phone number. If you don’t see this prompt, go to Step 2.
- Click on “Yes, send me a verification code.” The platform will send a verification code to your recovery phone number via an SMS text. You can also click on “Call me with a verification code” to receive your verification code.
- Enter the verification code received in the field provided on the password recovery page.
- Click on Submit.
- You’ll see a success message prompting on your screen. Now, click on “Create a New password.”
- Enter the new password in both the New password and Confirm new password fields.
- Click on Continue.
- Click Ok.
Verification via recovery email address
- The information present on your account file with AOL will determine which of the following option you’re most likely to see first:
- If you’ve entered a recovery email address in your file information, but no phone number, you’ll see a “Do you have access to this email?” message appear on your screen with the email address mentioned below the message. Click on Yes if you have access to the account ad receive a verification code.
- If you’ve entered both, a recovery phone number and an email address, you’ll be given an option to choose one of the two options to receive a verification code. Click on the recovery email address and then Click on Yes. A verification code will be sent to your mail address.
- Log in your recovery mail account and you’ll find a message from AOL with the subject line, “Recover access to your AOL account.” This email contains your verification code.
- Copy the code and return to your browser window. Enter the verification code in the field provided and click on “Continue.” You’ll see a success message appear on your screen that confirms code acceptance by the platform.
- Now click on “Create a new password.”
- Enter the new password in both the New password and Confirm new password section and click on Continue.
- Lastly, click on “Ok, got it.”
Verification via Account Security Question(s)
Alternatively, Account Security Questions (ASQ) are also used for verifying accounts. You may be asked to enter the answers of a couple of questions to verify your profile information.
- Enter the answers to all your Account Security Questions.
- Click on Verify.
- You may also be asked to enter your name, date of birth, zip code and other information to verify your profile.
- Click on Continue.
Usually, more than one piece of profile information is asked for the purpose of verification. If this happens, click on Continue post entering each information request.
- Once your information is verified, you will see a success message appear on your screen. Click on “Create a new password.”
- Enter the new password in both the New password and Confirm new password sections and on Continue.
- Click on “Ok, got it.”
Read Also: Recover a Forgotten AOL Mail Password
Our Other Support Services and Toll Free Number: +1800-303-2439
Professional Computer Support, Gmail Customer Support, Windows Live Mail Support, YMail Technical Support, Hotmail Customer Support, Email Support, Yahoo Email Support, Toshiba Computer Support, Computer Software Support, Professional Computer Support, Apple Technical Support, Apple Support, Microsoft Outlook Support, Asus Technical Support, Microsoft Support