Brother Printer Drivers is a subsidiary of the Japan based Brother Industries and a reputed name in the industry. The brand is popular for its multi-functional inkjet and laser printers. Most of the company’s products have been top rated and received an Editor’s Choice award. So if you’ve bought a Brother printer, here’s a step by step guide to install & update the built-in Brother Printer Drivers for your printer.
The built-in device drivers support the basic functioning of your Brother Printer Drivers. Updating these drivers helps you enhance the performance of your product and to keep up with the latest recommended settings. To update the drivers for your Brother device, follow these steps:
Connected your Printer via a USB connection-
Typically, all of the built-in Brother drivers are already included with Windows and the updates are rolled out with latest Windows updates. So if you have your printer connected to your computer through a USB connection, installing and updating the drivers is as easy as it can get.
- Connect your printer to the computer
- Windows will detect the printer & install the drivers automatically
- To update the drivers – Open Windows Update from the Control Panel
- Check if Auto-Update is enabled – turn it on if disabled
- Manually check for any updates
- Install the latest windows updates
- Restart your computer to implement the updates
- Your Brother printer drivers will be updated automatically
Connected your Printer via a Network connection-
To install the drivers:
- Open the Control Panel from the Start Menu
- Go to Devices & Printers
- Select Add a Printer
- Find your printer in the list& select it. If you cannot find your printer in the list, check for the latest windows updates & install them
- Type a Printer Name or retain the suggested name – click next
- Select the Printer Sharing settings
- Print a test page
Updating the built-in drivers for these printers is similar to ones connected via USB – Windows Updates.
Visit the Company’s Website
If in case you are not able to locate the latest drivers for your Brother printer, don’t worry. You can download the latest version of drivers for your product from the company’s official website. Follow these steps:
- Visit the company’s official website
- Go to Product Support
- Choose your country from the list
- Go to Downloads
- Type in your product serial number or select your product from the provided list
- Select your operating system
- Find the latest Built-In Drivers for your product
- Download and install
Comments are closed.