This tutorial will guide you how to configure and install a Canon wifi printer on the Windows or Mac computer. You can get it done this either by making connection over the Internet, or by connecting your printer to your computer through a USB cable and let the printer to establish the connection itself.
How to configure and install a Canon wifi printer
- First of all, just be sure that printer is up and running. If the printer needs an Ethernet cable connection to access the Internet, you also need to use an Ethernet cable to put in the printer into your router.
- Make sure, if your printer comes up with software disk. If the Canon printer arrives with a Software disk, Most probably, you may need to put in the disk into your computer CD Player and let the program to go before you can configure the printer.
- This is likely for Old printers that they need disk for connection but mostly modern does not need such type of installation.
- Installation via CD, Take it easy, just put in the disk into the system’s CD compartment, after that, go through guidelines you see on the printer screen. For Mac users, you’ll require an external CD reader to get this step done.
- Making connection of your printer to the Internet. In most of the cases, you have to follow printer LCD screen to choose the Wifi network and put in the credentials.
- Open your printer’s instruction manual to check important while making connection of your device model to the internet.
- You can look for an online category of your printer’s guidelines manual on Canon’s website by hitting SUPPORT, choosing MANUALS in the drop-down menu.
- Please be sure, Printer is connected to the same network as your Computer. For the Wifi printer to get guidelines from your computer, Printer and computer must share the same network.
- If your printer is sharing some other Wi-Fi network than your computer, you must change computer’s Wifi or configure the Printer for that network.
Also read: Configure And Connect Canon Printer To Wifi
Configuration on Windows Computer for Canon Printer:
- Go to start on the bottom left hand side of the Computer
- Push on the Windows logo which is on the bottom-left corner of the monitor.
- Go to settings. Push on the Settings gear on left corner side of the monitor.
- Go to devices. It is at topside of the Setting window.
- Go to Printers and Scanners side. This option is on the left side of the same window.
- Choose Add scanner and Printers. It will open a new window.
- If you see your Printer model, then your printer is ready to make connection with the printer.
- Push on your printer’s name. It should be in the same new window. It will let your Computer to connect to the desired printer. Now it is the moment to use the printer and do some print outs.
Canon Printer – Configuration for Mac Users
- Go to Apple Menu. Hit the Apple logo which is on the top-left corner of the monitor. A drop-down menu will show up.
- Go to System Preferences. You will see at the top of the same page.
- Go to Printers and Scanners. This printer like icon is in the System Preferences page.
- Hit on Plus. It’s close to the bottom-left corner of the page. It will open a new window.
- If the printer is already connected on the network, your printer model will appear over there.
- Push on your printer’s name. It should be in the drop-down menu. It will begin the setup; once it’s done, you’ll see your printer’s name in the pane on the left side of the window, making sure that printer is connected now and is ready to use.
Our Other Support Services
Norton Support, Gmail Customer Support, Yahoo Email Support, Avg Technical Support, MacBook Support, Computer Software Support, Aol Support, Email Support, StopZilla Antivirus Support, Adware Removal Support, Skype Customer Support, Hp SupportAssistant , Asus Technical Support, Microsoft Support, Antivirus Support, Webroot Antivirus Support, Malwarebytes Antivirus Support, Bitdefender Customer Support, Kaspersky Antivirus Support, Panda Antivirus Support, McAfee Antivirus Support, Avast Antivirus Support, Apple Technical Support, Acer Technical Support, Toshiba Computer Support, Hp Printer Technical Support, Epson Support, Brother Support, Lexmark Printer Support, Canon Support, Microsoft Outlook Support, YMail Technical Support, Windows Live Mail Support, Hotmail Customer Support, Quicken Software Support, QuickBooks Payroll Support, Belkin Router Support, Printer Support, Avira Technical Support, Apple Support,