Change an AOL Password Using an Apple OS
AOL or America Online is one of the few other pre-dotcom veterans besides Yahoo operating in the American digital market. It’s one of the leading digital marketing companies that has developed and maintains several online businesses including a search engine, a host of websites, online connectivity, email service and more.
When using the platforms, there comes a time when some of us forget our account password or plan to change to change it due to a plethora of reasons. For this AOL help has enabled an easy two-set password changing process.
- Change your account password on the AOL website.
- To enable your AOL mail on your Apple OS device, change the password saved in your device’s account settings.
Change AOL Password on Website
Your password serves as a gateway to access your AOL account and take avail its services. It is like your fingerprint – uniquely yours. It’s best to update your password from time-to-time to assure the safety and security of your account.
- Log into AOL account page.
- Sign in to AOL’s account.
- Answer the security question and click on “Change My Password.”
- Enter the new password you wish to use in both the New password and Confirm new password sections.
- Click on Continue.
- Click on Ok.
- Your password has been successfully changed.
Change AOL Password on Device
Once you’ve changed your website password
- Click on “Settings” on your Apple OS device.
- Click on “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.”
- Click on Tap “AOL,” and then enter your AOL email address.
- Click on “Password,” and enter your new AOL password.
- Click on “Done” to save the changes.
Tips to Creating a Strong AOL Password
A password serves as the first step of defense against unknown threats, intruders and imposters. Therefore, it is essential to have a strong password which is difficult to decode. Here are some tips for creating or updating your password.
- Unique Words – It’s highly advised not to use obvious words like “password.” Make sure your password is different and unusual.
- 12 or More Characters – The Longer the passwords, the more secure it is. Using special characters add to it safety.
- Don’t Be Obvious – Try and avoid using personal information while creating a password such as your name, your AOL username, date of birth, name of your sibling/spouse/parents, etc.
- Avoid Using Sequences or Repeated Characters – Try and avoid using adjacent characters on your keyboard (QWERTY) as passwords. They are quite easy to decode.
- Use a Different Password for Each Site and Account – Why so? If someone breaks through the privacy of one of your accounts, they may be able to use it to access all of your other accounts as well. Having difference passwords reduces the odds.
Additional AOL Password Tips
- Don’t Use them Again and Again. Create new and unique passwords every time you reset.
- Use an antivirus software. This helps in detecting threat activities.
- Don’t share your password not even to your closest of friends or family members.
- Keep it fresh and unique. Change your password from time to time. The more often, the better.
- Be cautious. If you’re being asked to reset your password, it’s best to make sure that it’s a legitimate request.
- Type it out. In the process of creating a unique password, ensure you’ll be able to remember it easily.
Our Other Support Services and Toll Free Number: +1800-303-2439
Professional Computer Support, Gmail Customer Support, Windows Live Mail Support, YMail Technical Support, Hotmail Customer Support, Email Support, Yahoo Email Support, Toshiba Computer Support, Computer Software Support, Professional Computer Support, Apple Technical Support, Apple Support, Microsoft Outlook Support, Asus Technical Support, Microsoft Support