The password is the most important key for any account; either you are using an email account or any social networking account, password plays a very crucial role because it allows you to access that account. It authenticates that you are the genuine users for that account. In this post, the process of Hotmail Password Recovery will be shown which will be helpful for those users who are facing the problem with their Hotmail account, just because they have forgotten the secret key which allows to enter the account.
It is simple to resent Hotmail Password if you have lost it. Multiple reasons can be there like it’s been too long since you last access to your account or any other reasons might be there. In this case, the users can take the help of any Microsoft account recovery tool or they can talk to a technical support team which we will discuss further.
To get access to your Hotmail account again, you must have an associated mobile number or a secondary email address if you do not have any of these then you will need to answer some security questions which will authenticate that you are a legitimate person related to that Hotmail account.
Simple Steps to Hotmail Password Recovery.
You will not get the actual password by following these steps; this process will help you to reset your password again.
- First of all the open the home page of Hotmail, a page will be opened asking about your email address and password, beneath that you will find a link “can access to your account”.
- After clicking on that enter the email address in the Microsoft account field which you want to access then fill the captcha code and hit the next button.
- Now you will be asked about the verification method, either your alternate email address or mobile number.
Now, choose an option which suits you or which will be appropriate for you,
- If you choose a text option, a message will be sent to your number and it helps to access your Hotmail account which you want to get back. Type the last 4 digits of your phone number to use it.
- If you select an email option then a password reset link will be sent, you have to put the full email address in order to use this method.
- Another option is to use the authentication application to reset the password if you have enabled it earlier.
- Finally, if you are unable to access any of the methods then you can go with an option “I don’t have any of these”
- Apart from the above methods “answering the security question” is also there but this method is quite difficult to follow because you have to fill the exact information asked by the Hotmail. Because it is really tough to recall the old details so this method does not guarantee you to get the password for your Hotmail account.
- After selecting the appropriate recovery option you will get a verification code or reset password link when you put the code or click on the reset password link you will be redirected to the page which will ask you to set a new password for your account.
- Now, create the strong password which is always recommended and confirm that by filling it again, which will allow you to access your Hotmail account.
If you still have any doubt or you are not able to access your Hotmail account then take the help from the technical support team of Optimum Geek Support which will take all the responsibility to get access to your account, our respective executive will handle your problem in a very effective way.
Note: To avoid facing this situation again you are recommended to store your new password in a password manager, this will ensure that you will not forget the password anymore; you just need to remember only one password and you will be able to see the list of all the saved password in the password manager.