If you’re a beginner – learning to use a computer – and do not know how to go about a blank screen, or when an application doesn’t seem to be working, or when your mouse stops working, don’t worry! There are many simple tricks and steps that you can use whenever you come across an issue. The trick is to keep a note of the basic principles of troubleshooting.
The Basic Principles
There are multiple things that can make your computer or components to not work. No matter what the real cause is, you would still have to work your way out through a bit of trial and error. This step is usually referred to as diagnosing the problem. Once you have been able to find the root cause, it is simpler to fix it.
If you are facing some troubles with any of your hardware components, try this-
- Check the cables – This should always be the first step while troubleshooting hardware related issues. Loose connections are the most common factor for such issues. Ensure that all the cables are intact and in the right slot.
- Ensure the Power Supply – This is again a common thing that people tend to overlook. Ensure that your related hardware components such as speakers are connected to the power source properly.
If you are facing some troubles with any of your software, try this-
- Restart the System – More often than not, a simple restart of the computer can solve your problems. This is because the system or a particular application might have encountered an error and rebooting the device can make it go back to normal.
- Note Down the Error Messages/ Codes – Many times you’ll encounter an error message thrown at your screen by a particular application. Note down this error and the error code (if provided). You can use the internet to search for this error message and/ or the error code to find out the exact problem and the ways to fix it.
Common Issues & Tips
Here are some of the common issues and tips:
- An Application is Slowing Down the PC
- Save your work and close the application
- Check & install any updates to that application from the Help menu
- Restart the application
- An Application has stopped working
- If an app has frozen, press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Del to open the Task Manager
- Select the unresponsive program and click on End Task
- Restart the application
- The Computer is not responding/ frozen
- Press and hold Power button for over 5 seconds. This forces the computer to shut down
- Restart the system
- The Keyboard/ Mouse stopped working
- If you have a wired keyboard/ mouse – check and tighten the cables
- If you have a wireless keyboard/ mouse – ensure they are turned on. Check & replace their batteries if required
There can be some more examples for basic issues like a blank screen or the speakers not working. Simply stick to the basic principles first. If you cannot fix the issue still, search the internet with your issue and you’ll find a lot of help on the offer.
Our Other Support Services and Toll Free Number: +1800-303-2439
Professional Computer Support, Gmail Customer Support, Windows Live Mail Support, YMail Technical Support, Hotmail Customer Support, Email Support, Yahoo Email Support, Toshiba Computer Support, Computer Software Support, Professional Computer Support, Apple Technical Support, Apple Support, Microsoft Outlook Support, Asus Technical Support, Microsoft Support
Comments are closed.