Whether you are using an iPhone, iPad, or an iPod touch, setting up your email account on your Apple device is really easy and can be done in a matter of minutes. There are two ways in which you can configure your email account in the Mail app of your Apple device—set it up automatically or set it up manually. Here’s how to go about both the methods.
Setting up your Email Automatically
If you are looking to add an email account from a provider such as Google, iCloud, or Yahoo, your email account can be automatically set up in your apple device simply using your credentials (email address and password). Follow these steps to configure your account automatically:
- Go to the Settings > Accounts & Passwords, and then click on the Add Account button
- Or, If in case you’re using a device that runs on iOS 10.3.3 or earlier – Go to the Settings > Mail > Accounts and then click on Add Account
- You’ll find a list of all the supported email providers. Select your email provider for the account that you are adding. If, however, you do not find your email provider in the list, click on ‘Other’ to manually add your email account.
- Now enter your credentials for the email account (Enter your email address and password).
- Click on Next and the Mail application will begin to verify your account, wait for the process to get completed
- Once done, you can then go on to choose the information like contacts, calendars, etc. that you want to see on your device, from your email account.
- Click on save and your account has been automatically configured to your apple device.
- Send a test email just to be sure!
Setting up your Email Manually
If you were not able to automatically configure your email account, you need to add your email manually to your apple device. Before starting the manual set-up, do ensure that you know the settings for your email account. If you don’t have access to them, you can find them up using your web browser or probably contact your email provider and gather the required information. Follow these steps to manually configure your account:
- Go to the Settings > Accounts & Passwords and click on the Add Account button
- Or, If you’re using a device that runs on iOS 10.3.3 or earlier, go to the Settings page > Mail > Accounts and click on the Add Account button
- Select Other from the list of supported email providers, then click on Add Mail Account
- Manually type in your name, your email address, its password, and you can also add a brief description for this account that you are adding to your apple device
- Click on Next
- The Mail application will now try to fetch the email settings from your email provider and finish setup for your account.
- Once the Mail app successfully configures your email account settings, click on the ‘Done’ button to complete your email account manual setup
Comments are closed.